Mindfulness Meditations for Teens
Not so long ago, many people thought that meditation involved dropping out of society and joining a cult. But most of us don't want to drop out of society -- we just don't want it messing with our heads.
Mindfulness is a way of holding on to your sanity when life seems to be going out of its way to make you go crazy -- with people who don't understand you, work, schoolwork, stress, and scheduling challenges that would baffle a super-computer.
Mindfulness is a way of getting back control over what goes on in your head, so that your own thoughts and emotions don't drive you insane.
Mindfulness can help you discover the real you that's below all the junk that life fills your head with. It helps you to be more genuinely yourself. Once you learn to quiet your mind, you'll find that there's a calmer, more positive, more creative you just waiting to be set free. Here's the track list:
- Introduction (0:31)
- Why Meditate?: And what is mindfulness, anyways? (5:00)
- Listen Up!: Listening as a mindfulness practice (7:27)
- Eye-Max: A quick way to relax (7:48)
- Getting Out of Our Heads: Meditating on the body (16:39)
- Go With the Flow: Meditating with the breath (11:49)
- Shields Up!: Finding peace and security (7:43)
- Rewind, Be Kind: Learning to love life, and yourself (9:44)
- One Thing at a Time: Bringing mindfulness into daily life (5:01)
- Credits (0:32)
Approx. 72 Minutes
Item Number: 25907590
Bodhipaksa is a Buddhist practitioner, author, and teacher. He is the founder of Wildmind (www.wildmind.org), an online meditation resource. Bodhipaksa has been practicing Buddhism since 1982, and has been a member of the Western Buddhist Order since 1993. His name means "Wings of Enlightenment." He lives in New Hampshire, where he teaches at Aryaloka Buddhist Center.
|Sample 1||SMPL CID632 Mindfulness Meditation for Teens.mp3|