Guided imagery is a technique that consists of healing words and hypnotic images, set to soothing music. Repeated listening once or twice a day for 2-3 weeks ensures maximum impact. Guided meditation and fertility are a natural fit, found in randomized clinical trials to increase relaxation, coping and successful outcomes. This set of four separate fertility meditation exercises was created to provide holistic, mind-body tools to help with infertility challenges and boost desired results. They are carefully and sensitively designed to help people let go of trying to control the process with excessive internal pressure to get pregnant, and instead hold the image that there is a baby meant for them in their future. This makes the fertility meditations appropriate for whatever might evolve - even an adoption outcome - as well as for conception and pregnancy.
The track list is as follows:
- Introduction (4:23)
- Imagery to Help With Conception, Gestation, and Parenting (16:10)
- Affirmations (20:31)
- Imagery for General Relaxation, Coping, and Respite (18:05)
- Meditiation for Grieving, Letting Go, and Moving Forward (16:37)
- The first guided meditation for fertility reinforces self-esteem and relaxes mind, body and spirit, using guided imagery to envision successful fertilization, whether inside or outside the body.
- The next track of guided imagery for fertility consists of calming, restorative affirmations that encourage listeners to stay peaceful and positive, centered and flexible, while undergoing fertility treatment. Affirmations are brief and can be listened to while on the go or even while driving. Additionally, there is imagery to help with relaxing and coping during various medical procedures, such as IVF; and to counter the frustrations and discouragements that accompany the ups and downs of fertility treatment.
- And finally, if needed, there is additional guided imagery to assist with grief, resolution and reclaiming one's life.
Northwell Health’s Center for Wellness and Integrative Medicine offers a new model of health and wellness—one that aims to combine modern medicine, healthy lifestyle practices and complementary healing modalities. At the Center, we focus on wellness and prevention. Our approach is evidence-based, customized and shown to be safe and effective. We provide cutting-edge programs, trainings and offerings that foster whole person health and healing. Our services include exercise and movement, mind-body therapies, wellness, coaching and energy healing.
The Center offers additional integrative approaches for surgery patients. For more information about our services, we encourage you to explore our website, www.northwellcwim.com or contact us at 516-858-3095.
NOTE: Once you begin playing a track, the tracks that follow will stream automatically. Streaming will continue even if your device goes to sleep.
Guided imagery is not a substitute for medical treatment. Do not use while driving or operating machinery.