Allan Hancock College
What’s Guided Imagery?
It’s the easiest, most user-friendly form of meditation you can find. It’s simply listening to words and music that guide you on a positive journey, where you imagine yourself relaxing and doing well, with all your senses. Even half-listening works.
Why this portal at Allan Hancock Colleges?
We specifically chose the downloads on this page to help remedy the issues students tell us interfere with their academic success – stress, anxiety, depression, insufficient sleep and trouble concentrating.
This allows you to load these powerful audio tools onto your phone, computer or listening device, and have them with you 24/7.
You’ll especially appreciate having them before taking exams or during especially demanding weeks when you’re feeling fragmented and stretched thin.
Ten minutes of listening to guided imagery can save you from hours of distracted, unproductive worry. And if you only have 5 minutes, that’s okay too. Take the five.
How can I maximize the positive impact of Guided Imagery?
You’ll get the most out of it by:
- Listening frequently at first, even if you only have a few minutes each day; and
- Listening during those dreamy times when you’re just waking up or just falling asleep; and.
- By putting your hands in the same position each time you listen – that way you develop a conditioning cue that will automatically relax you when you’re stressing
Once you begin playing a track, additional tracks will stream consecutively until you reach the end of a title. Streaming will continue even if your device goes to sleep.
- Heartbreak 1 Intro
- Heartbreak 2 GI
- Heartbreak 3 Affirmation
- Counting Breaths
- Body Scan
- Warrior Heart
- Procrastination 1 Intro
- Procrastination 2 Long GI
- Procrastination 3 Brief GI
- Procrastination 4 Affirmations
- A Guided Meditation to Help with Concentration, Focus & Learning (Including ADD, ADHD, & LD) MP3$11.98
- Concentration 1 Intro
- Concentration 2 GI
- Concentration 3 Affirmations
Guided imagery is not a substitute for medical treatment. Do not use while driving or operating machinery.
A high speed connection is recommended for downloading large files. Downloading audio files with a dial-up connection may take several hours.